Monday, August 11, 2008

Volkswagen Loan

It always pays to do a little research.



Over a decade ago, as I was struggling to make some important decision( these things don' t come easy to me, I break my, I struggle head, I get sick etc. ) a friend of mine told me" You don' t have enough information. This is equally true in all aspects of one's life, to personal and, from schools professional relationships, let alone making, to holidays big purchases. Find out more about each of your options, than it will be much easier to decide what you want and to know which option is really best. " This advice served me well over the years. This bit of conventional wisdom almost backfired when last time used. Although I cannot claim that I' ve carried it around tenderly in my bosom, but every time I got really and thoroughly stuck, I' d eventually remember it and act upon it. I needed a car. My budget was around ten thousand.


Or not. Or twenty five. The more information I' ve acquired, the more muddled it all seemed. I had no idea what car I wanted, and whether comfort, which maker, mileage for gas, color of the, speed car, or safely was my priority. To make the long story short, I' ve eventually settled for Volkswagen. Do I want financing from the dealer or not?


The vicious cycle began anew. If yes, how much was I willing( which was not the same as how much it would be comfortable for me financially) to give as a down payment? If so, which bank? Should I take a car loan from the bank? The salesman at the dealership was awfully helpful, and made at least a dozen of honest attempts to simplify the matter by offering me to sign a contract and to let them take care of the rest. Due to the complete depletion of mental and emotional resources, I choose to be difficult, haughtily explained that I still need a word with my non- existent financial adviser, and headed for, walked out the bank.


Although I was initially told that the typical annual percentage rate for a Volkswagen car loan is 3, after factoring in the actual amounts, including the car price, and the desired, taxes term of repayment, the quoted APR, needless to say was substantially higher. I needed a Volkswagen loan. The other option still open was settling for a cheaper car, but after hours and hours of research, my very being rebelled at such a thought. After visiting two banks, it finally dawned on me that walking just might not be the fastest way to do the research, and that I might have better luck online. Volkswagen loan! -became my personal battle- cry of the day, Volkswagen loan! The interest rate the dealership was offering turned out to be not the most expensive option, yet the term of repayment remained a trifle stiff for my liking. 15000 car loan, taken out for a seven year term was available at the following interests rates.


Much faster than originally expected, I had my options lined up for me. Good old Abbey wanted 9% (read 2302 per month) , Eskimo Loans, and Bank of, Halifax Scotland conspired to accommodate my needs at a mere 9% (read 2220 per month) , Northern Rock's offer at 2% came across as actually generous. I' ve ended up accepting a loan quote offered through an on- line broker, when I walked, and thankfully back into Volkswagen dealership a few days later, it was a different, but more courteous, slightly less friendly salesman who' ve handled the paperwork and gave me the keys. Volkswagen loan! Next time I plan to buy a car? While I do not intend to get a mechanic's license in any foreseeable future, thanks to shopping around for vehicles and prices, I will have a better idea exactly what should I get, and for how, where much. Certainly, not for some time.


Volkswagen Loan!

No comments: